Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wonderful Sunday Day

I just finished reading the "STILL ALICE" by Lisa Genova. It is a story about a women who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers. From her perspective what she goes through as she changes. It really hit close to home. Now we have put my father in the Nursing home due to his dementia and he is not able to function without the help of others. It has been a long year of changes for me. Alot to sit back and ponder on where life has taken me, my family and most importantly my mother and father. Some good changes and some needed changes and some very hard challenging changes. But I am so blessed for the changes. I am closer to my daughters and I feel the most honest with our relationships. I see some relationships deteriorating and that is sad. But most importantly I have a great relationship with my Mother and I am very thankful for the opportunity to serve her and have her in my home. I have learned lots about my mom and the challenges she and I went through when I was growing up. Interesting to see different perspectives of the same incedent. Thankful for forgiveness and unconditional love. Hopefully someday I will have the same bond my mother and I have with my son. But I have daughters who love me and a husband that is amazing. He loves me unconditionally and without judgement. I could not ask for a better life. My challenges have made me who I am today just as my mothers trials have made her the amazing example she is today. So very Grateful for Life........And for the craziness of it all. Good and Bad........

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLOSE THE DOOR!!!!

CLOSE THE DOOR!!!!

Rock N Roll

Rock N Roll
your going to hollywood baby